[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.47-0 test 1 released

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sun Apr 24 13:49:49 CEST 2016

Thanks a lot! [clone] is a really awesome feature!

I also like the new 'delete' method for [text]. Very nice!

Just one question: Are there any plans to get rid of some deep copying in the code for [list]? Some month ago we had a discussion about iterating through lists in Pd and how it's not possible in linear time in pure vanilla style (at least not in a trivial way, think of the [list-drip] abstraction). You kind of made a hint that you might revise the code in a future release. I'm just curious if this is something we could expect. I checked and the 'naive' style with two [list split] objects still behaves kind of exponentially.
Generally I find it a bit curious that in Pd one needs to split a list twice (with all the copying involved) just to retrieve a single item. Have you thought of implementing something like an 'iterate' method (I think I even saw this in one of your to-do-lists) or even getter/setter methods, like in [text] and [array]?

Thanks a again for the release!