[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.47-0 test 1 released

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 25 11:41:30 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 12:06:58PM -0400, Matt Barber wrote:
> I don't know, I have a huge soft spot for [list-drip]. I think it's the
> paradigmatic example of how to do a recursive function in Pd (naive
> approaches to which usually die with a stack overflow). It makes sense to
> have a built-in iteration method for [list], but I'd kind of selfishly hate
> to obsolete [list-drip]. It's great for teaching because it makes students
> think a lot about how things are implemented.

[list]-abs even still include the very slow list-dripslow.pd, which is
only useful for teaching speed comparisons. :)

BTW.: I'm still impressed of list-abs being useful after several years, but
I'm also sorry for not having the time to update it to include some useful
new features of recent Pd versions.

Ciao