[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.47-0 test 1 released

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Mon Apr 25 13:42:14 CEST 2016

Sounds great!

Two more things I noticed in the test version:

1)
Pd sporadically crashes really hard when opening help patches... Can't reproduce it. I'm on Win 7.

2)
There's a object called [framp~] (just discovered that it's been there earlier, but I wasn't aware of it).
In the 'list of objects' aka help-intro-pd it is described as "output a ramp for each block", but actually it does something completely different ;-). I'm still figuring out how to read/interprete the analysis data.
Anyway, the help patch says:
"A sinusoidal component should appear in four components (or three in the special case of a sinusoid exactly tuned to a bin."
That's not what I get... For feeding fractional bin frequencies I sometimes get 2, 3 or even 5 components. And for non-fractional bin frequencies I hardly ever get 3 components, on the contrary, the output is quite messy, with lots of tiny values (rounding errors because of Pd's 6 digit float precision? imperfection of [osc~]?).
Just something I noticed.