[PD] [PD-announce] pd 0.47-0test2 released

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:24:58 CEST 2016

In fact, I used the wrong word (privileges instead of permissions). Dan
Wilcox has already noticed the problem here (
https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2016-04/020682.html). The Unix
command chmod (chmod 755 Pd-0.47-0test2.app) solves the problem (or you can
use the information window of the application). And AFAIK, the fact that
the application comes from an "unidentified developer" can be accepted only
by the user. What seems strange for me but that must be an Apple stuff, is
that if the software doesn't have the write permission, Apple keeps saying
something like "The software has been downloaded from internet? Do you want
to open it ?" when you open it. I think when you have the write permission,
and you answer yes, the OS writes somewhere in the system that the
application has been approved.