[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.47-0 test3 released

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon May 2 07:19:46 CEST 2016

Howdy Miller, I see you updated [vd~] (now "delread4~") and its help file,
cool.

But... the object doesn't seem to be working. I'm on the 64 bit version, on
a mac, and I get the errors

"*signal outlet connect to nonsignal inlet (ignored)*
*signal outlet connect to nonsignal inlet (ignored)*
*object with signal outlets but no DSP method?*"

while we're at it, I see the new help file states (as it did before) that
the delay time is "*at most the length of the delay line (specified by a
corresponding delwrite~)*".

This wasn't true before, as I already pointed once. We can go at most to
the length of the delay line minus something like a block size - so I
consider it a bug. Not sure if you were attacking this issue now for this
update or not, but I thought I'd stress it out. I find this bug really
annoying and it ruins some of my patches - here's my old report about this.

I figure is not that a hard fix though, so I hope you can sneak this fix in
this new upcomming release.

cheers