[PD] Failing to compile Pd-0.47-0

Alexandros Drymonitis adrcki at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:43:01 CEST 2016

I'm trying to compile the test version of the new Pd. I'm running the
./autogen.sh script (which says it's not using gettext BTW, don't know if
this is of any importance) and then the ./configure script with
--enable-jack. Then I go to the src/ directory but when I type 'make' it
starts compiling but after a while I get the following error:
make: *** No rule to make target '../portaudio/lib/libportaudio.la', needed
by 'pd'.  Stop.

I've already done this:
apt-get build-dep puredata

I've also done this:
sudo apt-get install automake libtool debhelper dh-autoreconf dpkg-dev
gettext libasound2-dev portaudio19-dev libjack-dev

Maybe the second set of installations is not necessary if 'apt-get
build-dep puredata' is already there?

Pd compiles with 'make -f makefile.gnu' though. It is a bit strange to me
since I've compiled 0.46-7 with 'make' before. I'm on Debian Jessie XFCE
64bit.

Anyway, Pd finally seems to work fine. but I thought of sending this email
in case someone can enlighten me...

Also, isn't Pd-0.47-0 supposed to have this new [clone] object? My
installation doesn't have it...