[PD] Preferred/best practice for loading external objects

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Wed May 4 14:18:49 CEST 2016

Hello,

  sorry for that but it is not clear to me...

I'm using deken for installing externals but encountering issues with
help browser when I enable those externals with preference window, it's
actually in another thread.

  If I understand, I shouldn't add those deken externals in path
preferences, but add a [delare -path ~/pd-externals/my_deken_external]
object to all the main patches that uses externals installed into
~/pd-externals, and then path preferences is about externals installed
elsewhere.

By this way the console doesn't complain anymore about duplicates when I
open help browser without hacking tcl code,

but I'm a bit lost lost now about how to proceed with all my old patches...

patco