[PD] [OT] choice of sound cards for 16 output channels

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Fri May 6 14:54:40 CEST 2016

  If it's just about having 16 channels DAC, using two C-media CM6206
soundcards should be enough but you might need direct input boxes if the
amplifiers are not just beside the computer, I tried this chipset and it
works good on a pcduino2 and Pd with 8 channels, no glitches, it should
works as well on a Raspberry Pi 3.  So it's possible to cluster the
soundcard+pi on a network and have as much channels as you need.