[PD] Can you close source of Pd patches (for commercial development)?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 18:13:22 CEST 2016

Hi Matti,Pd Vanilla has a 3-clause BSD license.  This license allows you to use the code in proprietary software and distribute binaries without also distributing the corresponding source code.
It also allows you to make changes/improvements to the code without sharing them back with the community.
As for external libraries-- it depends on how they are licensed.  Some are licensed GPL, which doesn't allow you to do what you're asking.
-Jonathan