[PD] Can you close source of Pd patches (for commercial development)?

Matti Viljamaa mviljamaa at kapsi.fi
Sat May 7 19:36:46 CEST 2016

What about using Pd as a C/C++ library and writing the patch that way? Or perhaps LibPd?
Would this allow the patch to be compiled as a stand-alone program? Yes?

The easiest would be if there was a way to open a patch in binary form in Pd.

What I’ve been envisioning would be to create “modules” for Pd similar to Reaktor’s Blocks that would
allow for a more high-level patching and usage of Pd. And it could motivate developers to develop patches
in a more standardized “blocks” form, rather than as unstandardised patches.

Reason, I’ve been wanting to see modular synthesis properly realised in Pd. But I wouldn’t want to
spend effort on developing modules that I cannot profit from, since I could do that using some other platform.

-Matti