[PD] Dynamic search paths and [declare] behavior in Pd.0.47

Jérôme Abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Sun May 8 01:28:31 CEST 2016

Hi list,

With the new [declare] behavior, I am a little confused (Pd.0.47). I've
read that putting [declare] in abstractions was not the "right" way, but
that what I've done. Shame.

In La Malinette (malinette.info), it is very useful to have an
abstraction named [include] which contains all relatives paths of all
abstractions folders. The goal is to be user friendly and not ask people
to add 6 paths in preferences ...  And if I want to change a path, to
add a common feature for all patches, I have just to change it once, all
patches that have this abstraction are affected. And I want to add paths
to my patchs I have just to remember the name of [include] to add this
object and paths. These are benefits of having abstractions, like
object-oriented programming.

How can avoid to copy/paste 100 times a subpatch which contains
[declare] and all paths, in all my files ? Or may be there is a way to
add dynamically paths on all patches or current patches ? I can't see
[import] in Deken, may be it could be the right way to add this kind of
feature ? Is it downloable ?

Thanks,

Jerome