[PD] Dynamic search paths and [declare] behavior in Pd.0.47

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 05:25:01 CEST 2016

> But the old behavior was seriously broken and I don't see any good way to provide it without causing trouble and confusion.
Deprecate the old [declare] and name the new [declare] something else.

-Jonathan

    On Saturday, May 7, 2016 8:40 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:

 I don't regard this as a patch-level incompatibility (I believe you can run all
the patches -- only now you'll have to add 6 directories to Pd's search path).
But it's a serious inconvenience for sure.  But the old behavior was seriously
broken and I don't see any good way to provide it without causing trouble
and confusion.  I'm open to ideas...

Miller