[PD] What is the current, correct way to use Open Sound Control with PD?

Paul Keyes spskeyes at gmail.com
Sun May 8 06:14:48 CEST 2016

I need to use OSC. I had been using mrpeach in pd-extended, but I see that
pd-extended is no longer recommended, and it won't compile for my system
anyway  (I'm using unbuntu 14.04 on an Udoo), so I have
pd-0-46-7 installed.
I downloaded pd-osc from my package repo, but there is no hint about where
udpsend is supposed to come from. There is no pd-mrpeach from my repo
either, so I'm currently trying to get the version from
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk/externals/mrpeach/net/
working without much success. It compiles but I still get "udpsend
..couldn't create".
What is the correct way to get udpsend? Or is there another way to do OSC?

Cheers,
Paul