[PD] Can you close source of Pd patches (for commercial development)?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue May 10 19:53:18 CEST 2016

> I'm just curious: If I implemented a way to close-source Pure Data
patches, would I violate the GPL if I ship:

> * Pd as a binary
> * the GPL'd externals as binary with their source code and License
> * my closed-source patch

That has to be a GPL violation.
On the other hand:* proprietary Pd binary* place for user to enter url of remote repository of packages* Deken exists
This can't possibly be a GPL violation.
I'm not advocating for building proprietary binaries, but this is such a trivial workaround it'd be silly not to mention it.
-Jonathan