[PD] Obfuscate patch?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 12 13:46:55 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-12 12:09, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> On 12/05/2016 05:57, Mario Mey wrote:
>> Is already done any external/abstract/external-program that obfuscate a
>> Pd patch? I mean, by changing the place of every object, changing names
>> of send/receive objects to random generated names, adding more objects
>> to make very hard to understand, etc...?

yes, iirc multiple times.
- [parazit] (used to be shipped with Pd-extended)
- i remember a few patches from the local pd~graz gang around 2004 that
would go into that direction (including self-destruction)
- personally i have used self-replicating, self-renaming and moving
objects in a number of performances [sinusoiddreams]
(much of the iemguts development was driven to implement those systems).

> Why would you want to do something like that?

among other reasons, http://www.ioccc.org/

and why would anybody want to use a ring modulator, a 6/8 metrum or Pd?

fgmsdr
IOhannes

[parazit] https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-05/028458.html
[sinusoiddreams] e.g. https://vimeo.com/56004131