[PD] Obfuscate patch?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:44:12 CEST 2016

You could go the computer game approach and use a custom binary packing algorithm where you compress all of that data into a single file which your program then unpacks when it runs everything. That is assuming that you have a sort of main program that runs the system. People *might* reverse-engineer your format (ie. the DOOM WAD file), but probably the number of people interested in doing so will be small.

Since pd patches are just text files, you could use any text to binary encoding format etc. This of course starts heading into encryption territory, but that’s a whole other thing there...

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>