[PD] Cross-platform Pd installers

Jérôme Abel abel.jerome at free.fr
Sat May 14 17:29:26 CEST 2016

Hi list,

It seems that Pd.0.47 + Deken is the up-to-date solution for sharing,
learning and creating patches. Thanks for all works !

For sharing Pd frameworks or big patches, we need a way to load and
declare externals easier. The meta-patch with libdir loader solution if
it is possible. So externals are part of a project not for all Pd
patches that you use.

And also we need a way to install Pd with all externals and add paths to
.pdsettings too. When you have to install 20 times Pd suitable for your
lessons it will be really great. In fact, when I introduce Pd I do a lot
of installations... Do you think a single script (for all platforms)
could be a good way to download pd, install it, add externals with deken
and add paths ?

For instance, is it possible to launch deken with a list of externals ?

Thanks,

j.