[PD] Collaborating across systems/platforms

Eran Sachs eransachs at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 21:21:09 CEST 2016

Thanks IOhannes,
I'll make sure to have a look at what I can fetch with sudo zexy before making my mind.
Z.

To: pd-list at lists.iem.at
From: zmoelnig at iem.at
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 15:02:37 +0200
Subject: Re: [PD] Collaborating across systems/platforms

On 05/14/2016 10:52 AM, Eran Sachs wrote:
> he prospect of having to compile sounds scary to non-developer ears... We really do operate in a slightly naive way, without any deep acquaintance with the even the most basic inner workings of Linux.
> So I believe I will migrate the school's system to L2Ork

just to be sure, you are not chasing the wrong horse:
Debian (and Ubuntu, since Ubuntu is just a Debian with bells and
whistles) comes with more than 80 Pd libraries¹.
just do:

 sudo apt-get install pd-zexy

i don't think that Pd-l2ork offers more than that.

gfmrda
IOhannes

¹ to be fair, these numbers are based on what is currently available in
Debian testing. Ubuntu gutsy (or whatever you are using) might have
lower numbers.