[PD] LibPd on microcontroller

Lumis Xulepth lumis at xulepth.fr
Sun May 15 16:48:29 CEST 2016

Hi Joe, hi list

On 2016-05-15 15:06, Joe White wrote:
> Hi Chuckk,
>
> I'm one of the developers of heavy. Apologies that you felt some
> information was lacking, would be very interested in hearing more
> about your experience and what wasn't answered.

I don't know what Chuckk's comments precisely are, I just found myself
several times looking for the documentation. Maybe the hamburger on the
top right isn't obvious for everyone?
Again, I still haven't used it on a specific platform but I think that
once logged in and having compiled a few patches, navigation is easier.
I like to be able to switch implementations (C/Unity/Vst etc...)
documentation easily! :)

> The code that heavy generates should compile on any platform that has
> a C99 compiler, and if it didn't we'd be very interested in looking
> into why. There are no OS specific dependencies and you can even swap
> out your own malloc, math, etc.. implementations.

To your knowledge, has there been usecases or tests of Heavy on MIPS
platform? Recently I've been thinking about using OpenWRT boards (most
are MIPS32), generally CPU is 300-600MHz with minimal linux running on
it for realtime audio.

Thanks for your answers.

Lumis/Fergus