[PD] Collaborating across systems/platforms

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 20:29:14 CEST 2016

I would have had another alpha release recently, but the OSX machine
I use "updated" itself before I could finish building.
-Jonathan

    On Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:21 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

 On 5/14/2016 9:02 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> i don't think that Pd-l2ork offers more than that.

While I reckon deciding whether pd-l2ork offers more than pd is very
much a personal value-driven decision, here are a few things I can think
of that are unique to pd-l2ork:

*monolithic distro--one download has it all
*infinite undo and a number of usability improvements (advanced
auto-patching, tidying up, to-front/back options, etc.)
*system-wide presets that can also distinguish between two instances of
the same abstraction
*K12 mode that allows for newcomers to get started quickly, including
easy interfacing with wiimotes, arduinos, and raspberry pis; this mode
is interchangeable with the non-K12 modes and has been used in over
dozen maker camps and workshops by middle school children all the way up
to professionals
*accelerated SVG-based GUI (and a new alpha version that uses Chrome's
node webkit thanks to the hard work by Jonathan)
*unique externals like disis_gpio and disis_spi that offer easy
integration with RPi, including software PWM on all GPIOs and many other
features
*out of box flext support with disis_munger~
*the most complete wiimote support for Linux including passthrough mode
and newest wiimote plus devices using a libCwiid fork we maintain as
part of pd-l2ork; in L2Ork we connect up to 18 wiimotes in the same
space on a regular basis without any problems whatsoever
*out of box RTcmix~ external
*improved ggee/image external with support for transparencies, pngs, etc.
*iemgui objects that have handles for easy resizing and automatic font
adjustment
*searchable documentation browser
*object tooltips
*cord inspector