[PD] For sample players based on [line~], [vline~], or [phasor~], how can we be sure all samples are being played?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue May 17 05:21:02 CEST 2016

> It does this, but the endpoints of the segment are places at the end
> of the previous block

it may do things by "thinking" that the start point was the last sample of
the last block, but it doesn't place this value there, so in practice we
never see and get this starting point - and this is what seems wrong for us
here.

[vline~] can also start lines anywhere inside a block, so I can send the
message "0, 64 1.45125" with a delay period of 32 samples by clicking in a
bang connected to [delay 0.725624]. If i do this, I never get "0" as a
starting point, but the last value, so if I keep clicking at it I get

"64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16
17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24
25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32 "

anyway, it'd make more sense to me if the print was

"64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
64  64  64  64  64  64  64  64
0 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15
16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23
24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31"

and so, giving it a delay of "1" doesn't fix this

check patch attached

cheers