[PD] [clone]'s instance number

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Wed May 18 22:40:17 CEST 2016

> BTW: I guess, it's mostly a design question, whether to work with instance
> numbers inside abstractions and or to work with dispatching via the inlets
> and outlets. However, I can think of at least two cases where it's
> necessary to have immediate access to instance numbers inside an
> abstraction:
> a) [send~ foo-$1] or [catch~ bar-$1] to disambiguate audio inputs/outputs,
> because you can't set these two dynamically like [r~] and [throw~]

​Where do you envision the corresponding [r~ foo-$1] or [throw~ bar-$1] to
reside? If it's in the same abstraction, then $0 ought to work just as
well.​

> b) instantiate another abstraction by the instance number (nested
> abstractions)

​Do you mean something like you have 1-baz.pd, 2-baz.pd, etc. and then
inside your [clone] abstraction you've got [$1-baz]? I suppose this is a
potential use case.​