[PD] bang~ and long-running calculations

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu May 19 10:37:12 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-18 at 17:48 +0000, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list wrote:
> Hi list,
> Has anyone ever used [bang~] as an engine to
> break up long-running control calculations?

Kind of. I once posted a non-blocking until-like abstraction to the
list. The idea is to measure CPU time and delay the next iteration for
as long as as it takes to compute one part, so that Pd uses all
available CPU time without blocking. You can find it here:

https://github.com/reduzent/netpd/blob/master/includes/netpd-nb-until.pd

Roman