[PD] how to get GEM working in Vanilla?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 20 17:18:59 CEST 2016

On 05/20/2016 01:38 PM, rolfm at dds.nl wrote:

> no Gem-meta.pd in the downloaded versions from
> http://puredata.info/downloads/gem or from deken.

afaik, both /downloads/gem and deken only provide Gem-0.93.3 (not newer)
for W32...

> Vanilla 46.7 shows the same problem with Gem
>
> to me it looks like the lib is found, but the creation of the objects
> fails.
> for [gemwin] there exists a gemwin.pd in the lib: the object box is
> drawn like it is ok, but the 'content' cannot be created (list of errors
> in Pd-console).

...but all the details of your report show that you are using some
0.94git snapshot

OR

that you simply failed to load the Gem binary.
did you get the splash-screen telling you that Gem has been loaded?

i suspect this all to do with libdir.
try loading Gem before loading libdir.

gfmards
IOhannes