[PD] Pd 0.47-0 OSX Tk 8.6 test builds

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:11:58 CEST 2016

Howdy all,

I think I’ve pretty much ironed out the issues with the Tk Cocoa backend on OSX using Tk 8.5 & 8.6.

Here are two test builds that include embedded Tcl/TK 8.6.5 frameworks:

* http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/Pd-0.47-0_osx_tk86_32bit.app.zip <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/Pd-0.47-0_osx_tk86_32bit.app.zip>

* http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/Pd-0.47-0_osx_tk86_64bit.app.zip <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/Pd-0.47-0_osx_tk86_64bit.app.zip>

I testing on OSX 10.11, but they should work on earlier versions of OSX as well. The 32 bit build works fine with 32 bit externals on deken (ie Gem).

Also, the retina font rendering looks great!

The biggest overall changes are to the keybindings since there is no way to override the built in Cocoa Cmd+M & Cmd+H default bindings:

	• Send Message: Mod+M/Mod+Shift+M -> Mod+Shift+K
	• HSlider: Mod+Shift+H -> Mod+Shift+J
	• Tidy Up: Mod+Shift+R
	• Graph: Mod+Shift+G
	• Array: Mod+Shift+A

*This is a first stab at remapping those two combos. Let me know what you think.*

You can see the commit details on the GitHub PR: https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/6 <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/6>

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>