[PD] font problem / ubuntu 16.04

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 25 21:25:46 CEST 2016

On 05/25/2016 09:17 PM, cyrille henry wrote:

> Le 25/05/2016 20:54, Miller Puckette a écrit :
>> It's true... on some linux boxes one actually sees a font family named
>> "Courrier 10 Pitch".  It comes in one font size :)
>>
>> I guess there are still problems specifying font families with enmedded
>> whitespace.  Ouch...
>
> the problem is only reading the .pdsettings file. it work great using pd
> -font-face "..."

yes, because when running from the cmdline, the space-escaping is done
by the shell, and Pd only sees as single string "Courier 10 Pitch".
when parsing .pdsettings, Pd is left alone...

> so, i have to find an other way to fix the font size, or use another font.
> any idea?

so use the bash instead:

$ tail -3  ~/.bashrc
pd() {
  $(which pd) -font-face "Courier 10 Pitch" "$@"
}

the next time you open a new shell and type "pd", it will call it with
the current font...