[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.47-0 released

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon May 30 09:50:15 CEST 2016

On 2016년 05월 30일 16:16, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-05-30 at 15:55 +0900, Max wrote:
>> I tried
>>
>> ./autogen.sh
>> ./configure --enable-jack
>> make
>>
>> and surprisingly did not see any errors.
>
> Why is that surprising? It means everything that is necessary to build
> pd is installed.

because the autogen always used to throw a lot of errors in previous
versions of Pd.

>> however, afterwards the bin directory is still empty, and when I try to
>> run the pd from the src directory I get this:
>>
>> /src$ ./pd
>> disabling real-time priority due to missing pd-watchdog
>> (/path/pd-0.47-0/src/bin/pd-watchdog)
>> Error in startup script: couldn't read file
>> "/path/pd-0.47-0/src/tcl//pd-gui.tcl": no such file or directory
>> ^CPd: signal 2
>>
>> :,(
>
> Oh, normally you would do 'make install' now, or rather 'sudo make
> install' if you want to install it system-wide. I just noticed that this
> step is missing on INSTALL.txt. I think you _can_ run pd from the source
> location, but you need to add some symlinks for this to work.

I was hesisting to do that because I have a performance on saturday and
I don't want to ruin something that's working fine.

> I was able to run pd from src dir after doing this:
>
>   cd <pd-src>/src
>   ln -s ../tcl
>   ln -s ../bin
>   ./pd

awesome, this does work. Thank you Roman. (and thanks IOhannes who had
written that before to me, I just found it in the archives, sorry)

>> Can someone please make a PPA?
>
> It shouldn't be that hard to do. The source package of Debian sid are
> available and are kept up-to-date. Just put them into your own PPA and
> let it build for the different Ubuntu releases.

I have zero experiences with launchpad/PPA but who knows, maybe I'll try
that.