[PD] Pduino sysex vs. OSC advice

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 20:58:50 CEST 2016

[sysex] is used for MIDI messaging and OSC is designed around network-based communication, hence the ethernet shield.

What I think you want is simple serial communication which is essentially sending / reading raw byte values. I would look into something like http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/CmdMessenger <http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/CmdMessenger>.

The basic idea is similar to OSC, a protocol which determines which bytes are what and how to read them back correctly on the other end. I’m sure you could implement the CmdMessanger protocol in Pd using the [list toSymbol], [list fromSymbol], [oscparse], & [oscformat] object, or roll your own.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>