[PD] Deken : Install externals with a list (Py Fave)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 22:50:35 CEST 2016

When the app needs a different version of the built in windows libs, that usually means it was build on a different version of Windows.

Sometimes, you have to include a copy of the lib itself with the app and/or the user needs to install it. Hacky I know, but that’s what I’ve done in the past…

IE: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/7f5a39ee-e089-4330-a67c-e8e24090939c/msvcp71dll-missing?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues <https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/7f5a39ee-e089-4330-a67c-e8e24090939c/msvcp71dll-missing?forum=windowsgeneraldevelopmentissues>

Often times, I’ve quickly had to go to one of these sites that hosts various Windows api dlls just to get something to work. Either that or copy it from another machine with an older OS. Seems like this might be an option for now.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>