[PD] PdCon16 -- 5th International Puredata Convention @ NYU

Jaime Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:23:35 CEST 2016

Dear All,

If we take Miller Puckette's 1996 publication* as the beginning of Pd, then 2016 marks its 20th anniversary. To celebrate this birthday with Miller and the Pd Community we’d like to organize the 5th Pure Data Convention in New York City on November 17-20, 2016.

There are still a lot of details that we’re working out and a proper call will follow soon, but in the meantime, we want everyone to save the dates and include the convention in your travel plans as well as to prepare proposals for papers, workshops, and concerts.

We’re assembling a team at NYU’s Waverly Labs to host PdCon in the Music Department @ GSAS, with the support of the Washington Square Contemporary Music Society and New Blankets, and in coordination with local institutions like the Stevens Institute of Technology.

Looking forward to seeing you in New York.

All the best,

Jaime Oliver

* Puckette, Miller. "Pure Data: another integrated computer music
 environment." Proceedings of the Second Intercollege Computer Music
 Concerts (1996): 37-41.