[PD] high-frequency birdsong

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Jun 5 22:15:27 CEST 2016

Strange kinda bird you've got there...

If you use a standard 44K1 audio interface, everything above Nyquist gets
filtered out before conversion.  You could in principle use a 1GhZ-bandwidth
sample/hold clocked at 44K1 - this would effectively alias everything down
to audio frequencies (folded over 1e9/44100 times).  At that point, IF the
S/H is clocked at a rate that's incummensurable withth erepetition rate of
the signal you've got, you can then reassemble a non-uniformly sampled
collection of points, leaving no space between them greater than 1/(2E9)
seconds - then the sampling theorem says that you can theoretically
reconstruct trhe original signal.

Don't forget a 1gHz low-pass filter, else if the bird hits higher pitches
they will fold over :)