[PD] high-frequency birdsong

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 01:39:41 CEST 2016

I think in principle yes. Though you might need
much longer than an hour.

And the bird would need to sing at constant (periodic)
intervals, not factors of the sampling rate, or have a
random but constant statistical relationship viz timing.

This isnt too different than the idea of "dither", where
an analytical side channel applied over another sampling
signal can reveal information beyond the theoretical
linits of uniform Shannon-Nyquist. Indeed there is a
Shannon-Whittaker model for non-uniform.

It might work because the bird song will not always happen
to coincide with, and fit within, a sample period. There
will be some truncation. This truncation can be leveraged
to infer the structure of the shorter signal.

I have absolutely no chance of giving you a mathematical
proof of that, simply not clever enough, but it seems
intuitive from certain cryptoanalytical processes I
have encountered.