[PD] disis_gpio can only access 10 pins (raspberry pi)

haima haima.erskine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:02:47 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I've been using disis_gpio from L2ork inside pd-extended on my RPi 2.
It's been working really well - the hardware PWM available on pin 18
is very useful.

I've run into a little issue through - I have a project that needs
more than 10 pins.

It seems that disis_gpio can only access the following 10 pins:

4, 7, 8, 17, 18, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27

All other pin numbers come up as invalid.

Does anyone know if there is there a reason for this limitation?

Looking at the source code:

https://github.com/pd-l2ork/pd/blob/ec3b96bc0f972128dbc1052b73dd807d9c0bddda/l2ork_addons/raspberry_pi/disis_gpio/disis_gpio.c

I can see those pin numbers listed - perhaps it's as simple as just
adding the other pins to the list and recompiling...?

BUT... I've actually forgotten how I compiled disis_gpio - it was a
year ago... oops!

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Haima