[PD] Load Libraries or Declare Paths via Gui Plugin

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jun 7 21:02:33 CEST 2016

maybe this? https://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2016-04/020663.html

On 06/07/2016 08:33 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> You'd load Tcl libs via the standard Tcl ways.  I don't think you
> could load a Pd lib, if that's what you mean.

what i ended up doing for [punish] is to send a "declare -lib
/full/path/to/my/library" message to one of the hidden canvases created
by Pd.

this works well so far, but exploits a few things:
- the existence of hidden canvases with fixed names (thanks jonathan for
the hint)
- the fact that library loading in a canvas (as opposed to adding
search-paths) works globally.

luckily for me i only need to load a single external per gui-plugin (no
need to care about "path"s)

anyhow, this is exploiting some implementation detail of Pd and i'd very
much prefer it, if the "pd" receiver would accept "declare" messages
with which to add searchpaths and load libraries globally (in the same
fashion as adding "-lib foo -path bar" to the startup flags)

gdsar
IOhannes

[punish] https://git.iem.at/pd-gui/punish/