[PD] uDMX hanging/locking up

Jesse Mejia jmejia at anestheticaudio.com
Sat Jun 11 22:24:18 CEST 2016

Hi list,

I’m using a uDMX device (http://www.anyma.ch/research/udmx/ <http://www.anyma.ch/research/udmx/>) and having some trouble with it.

I’m running Pd 0.47

I’m sending a list (read out from a continually updated table) with 144 entries (for 144 DMX channels) every 50ms dispatched via [metro 50]

After a few minutes of ‘inactivity' (meaning sending a list with 144 0’s every 50ms) - the uDMX interface activity light goes dark - and I can’t get anything out of my patch to it anymore. Re-instantiating the uDMX external object brings it back to life.

Has anyone had trouble keeping these things alive? Or maybe I’m updating it too fast - but I get nicer light fades at a fast framerate (while it’s working).

Or maybe there’s a better way to control this thing? Ultimately it’s for a an interactive/dynamic patch where any/all of the 144 channels will be triggered at any given time.. so traffic control as a table gets constantly updated seemed like a good approach.

Thanks!

-Jesse