[PD] writesf~ hanging

David Medine dmedine at ucsd.edu
Sat Jun 11 23:51:26 CEST 2016

I am getting a weird error when attempting to write a soundfile. After a
few hundred milliseconds of writing, the terminal starts throwing me:

writesf waiting for disk write..
(head 524032, tail 0, room 256, want 256)
... done waiting.

This appears to happen on every block tick, over and over and over until
I ctl+c out of Pd. This started happening in a fairly complex patch, so
I stripped it down to nothing but writesf~ and peripheral messages to
make it record. Same nonsense there. This is probably some environment
issue. I am on Fedora 22 and have plenty of disk space.

Anybody get this before?

-David