[PD] uDMX hanging/locking up

Jesse Mejia jmejia at anestheticaudio.com
Tue Jun 14 00:16:39 CEST 2016

Yeah - my uDMX device locks up and needs a close/open with all the externals that I can get running.

I see the same behavior with the midi2udmx compiled max application they provide as well.

Maybe it’s a fundamental problem with the unit - or with my hardware…

That said - the compiled max application actually performs a lot better (doesn’t lag my system down. So I wonder if there’s a way I can further optimize what I’m doing in PD. I gotta stick with controlling it from the external so I can automate the open/close workaround :/

It might also be worth mentioning that I can’t even run any audio alongside this patch without intense blocking. I’ve been doing audio in a different pd instance for the reason.. but latency is pretty bad still.