[PD] Morse Code Translator / Decoder

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 15:34:12 CEST 2016

Yes did that once, but I lost it years ago (the
patch I mean)

IIRC its not that hard.

Use a [timer] and onset/tone detector,
and an array that looks up the next state.
You need a way to navigate a tree - a state machine
with 26 terminal nodes (36 if you want numbers)
and there are four symbols to transition states,
dot, dah, short space and long gap (between letters)

The array is a 4-tree collapsed into a "Turing tape"
so you use the symbol to select the offset (jump)
to the next state (table index) based on the last
symbol. A long gap always resets the index to 0.

cheers,
andy