[PD] Deken for developers

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Fri Jun 17 02:38:32 CEST 2016

Hi Julián,

On 17/06/16 06:26, Julián Villegas wrote:
> I’m sorry if I missed this, but what’s the best approach for a developer to have her externals reachable in deken? I have several externals that I’d like to make available to the community but I don’t know how.

Great! I think there are two ways right now:

  1. Manually create a package (zip file) following the file naming
scheme, and upload to pure-data.info - there is info about the filename
format here:
https://github.com/pure-data/deken/blob/master/developer/README.md#filename-format

  2. Use the deken developer tool to perform the packaging & upload for
you: https://github.com/pure-data/deken/blob/master/developer/README.md

With option 2 you can download the script linked at the top of that page
into your ~/bin folder, chmod 700 it, and run it to get started.

There was talk of a 'deken' target for the pd-lib-builder Makefile but I
am not sure if that has been implemented yet and I couldn't find
anything in the sources. Maybe Katja will have more info about where
that is up to.

Cheers,

Chris.

--