[PD] Crash when opening MIDI settings, USB midi device

kurt weisman diamondeyebrary at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 22:42:38 CEST 2016

Hello,
I have purchased an Allen & Heath Xone K1 midi controller specifically to
use with Pd-extended.  When it is plugged into the MacBook and make active
in Audio MIDI Setup, PD crashes if I try to open MIDI settings.
I have snooped around on the net and found many tales of other USB MIDI
devices being incompatible with PD-extended or causing this symptom.

Are there any tricks or fixes that I can try to make this work?

MacBook Pro (13in, mid- 2012)
OSX El Capitan 10.11.5
Pd-extended 0.43.4
Allen & Heath Xone K1 midi controller