[PD] Websocket Client in Pd

me.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:22:47 CEST 2016

yeah I am basically looking to stream a data feed from a website for
example:

wss://ws-feed.foobar.com

with python:
https://github.com/Lawouach/WebSocket-for-Python

which I'm having a hard time adapting to pyext. see:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37995999/print-to-console-outside-of-the-class

but maybe you awesome list peeps have better suggestions?

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 7:03 AM, patrice colet <colet.patrice at free.fr>
wrote:

> by the way I wanted to know why writing a socket client in pd because it
> just take three lines of code for having a functionnal FUDI pdsend in
> almost all interpreted language...
>
> Le 24/06/2016 à 00:01, patrice colet a écrit :
>
> hello,
>
>  I'm doing web socket with pd and a patch taken in here,  it's a server
> using mrpeach/tcp objects, I've attached it again...
>
> my client is written in html5 there are pletores of online tutorials for
> doing the socket client working with this http server...
>
> Is it possible to run a python http server through pyext without admin
> rights?
>
> patco
>

> Le 23/06/2016 à 22:54, me.grimm a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> Anyone make a Websocket client for Pd? I see there is a server attempt out
> there (could not find external code, just references) but a client is what
> I need....
>
> Been trying to build one with python/pyext but running into a wall and
> thought I would just ask in case I could save myself some time.
>
> Thanks!

> --
> Patrice Colet
> fr: 0632660357