[PD] [envgen] and curves. Was: a multislider GUI as abstraction

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 26 16:06:05 CEST 2016

Hi Raphaël,

> Sorry Fred, I remembered that when inside a gop abstraction, the
> displayed curve of [envgen] did let traces when its wrapping GOP-object
> was moved in edit mode. But that was a year or two ago, on windows, and
> now I can't reproduce this malfunction on my new setup (mac os X +
> pd-0.46-7 + ggee via deken).

Maybe I will look into [envgen] or the ggee library. I found [envgen]
has issues with its border being larger than the actual drawn rectangle
as it requires a GOP window several pixels larger than its own size to
be visible in the parent window. [tof/breakpoints], which is derived
from [envgen] doesn't have this problem.

> So my mistake, sorry.
> I'll give a fresh look to [envgen]. But i always wondered if it would be
> complicate to have a few other features (like curved interpolation, or
> sort of bezier curve instead of only linear interpolation between points).

Drawing curves is one thing, but the output format would also need to
change; now it leaves the actual interpolation to [line~].

> cheers,
>
> Raphaël

Greetings,

Fred Jan