[PD] Experiencing a higher CPU load with 0.47-0 and 0.47-1.

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Mon Jun 27 11:00:43 CEST 2016

hello,

how are you doing cpu load measurement?

I find it very hard to do reliable measurement of cpu load nowadays, since computer have a variable cpu speed depending on load.

For exemple, pd CPU load can be at 75%, with CPU frequency at 800MHz. When increasing the patch complexities, the CPU frequency increase, and the apparent load reported by pd decrease.

On linux, you can bloc the processor to a fixed frequency, and then make reliable load measurement.
But i don't know how to do than on OSX. Did you find a way?
otherwise, your measurement are useless.

cheers