[PD] a multislider GUI as abstraction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 18:56:33 CEST 2016

> From reading the email, seems there are attempts to solve many of the
> issues like right clicking and getting into a properties window, which I
> think it's impressive and I'd like to see that as I still cannot quite
> grasp how it'd be possible.

whatever trick for the properties window, seems to rely on the library I'm
not getting in Pd 0.42-5, but I assume it opens some patch to edit a few
things, as it seems quite impossible to do an actual preference windows in
the same familiar way as other GUIS, where you can browse through the
colors you want in different ways.

> Nonetheless, some GUI functionalities are still only possible with an
> external.

I could mention a few, but I'm writing too much already. Anyway, one of
such functionality would be to be able to resize the GUI just by entering
on edit mode and then doing some click and dragging. I will assume this one
doesn't have it as I can't imagine how that's possible with dynamic
patching.

cheers