[PD] a multislider GUI as abstraction

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 09:07:14 CEST 2016

On Mon, 2016-06-27 at 12:41 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> And thus I tried it in Pd-Extended 0.42-5, the one I use, but I still
> can't get it to work. Not sure how better it is in 0.43 (which I'm
> not installing as it always screws things up in my system) - but it
> seems it needs even more not included abstractions such as 's.mmb'

Whatever it is you experienced with Pd-0.43-extended, I call FUD. Never
experienced it myself (whatever you mean by 'screws things up in the
system') nor did I hear from anyone such stories except from you.

Have you ever considered upgrading to 0.47? You're missing out a lot.
Now I feel also more sympathy for your stance on externals, since it
was indeed a lot harder to do many things back then with *gulp* 0.42.
I wholeheartedly recommend you spend some time figuring out the new
possibilities with newer Pd. It's worth the time.

Roman