[PD] [PD-announce] Deken package with missing dlls for old-extended externals (w32).

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Sun Jul 3 15:06:03 CEST 2016

Le 03/07/2016 à 13:07, IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
> #1 a deken package should be self-contained.
> if a given deken package lacks a library (e.g. libpthreadGCC3.dll) then
> it should provide that library itself.
> (alternatively, deken could be (theoretically; practically i see a
> number of hurdles) enhanced to explicitely state such dependencies (so
> installing "foo" would also install "pthreadGCC3")
>
> #2 a deken package must be installable by deken. the requierement to
> "then put all the dlls into pd/bin" contradicts this.
> until deken can be told to install into pd/bin, i think that though
> shall not abuse the deken package system for such things.
Do you think it's possible for deken to:

1° add pd/bin to system's path, then pd pdsend and pdreceive will work
with no pain in ms-dos console

this should be done by pd installer but for the moment I believe it
doesn't, so deken could at least resolve this.

2° add dependencies to a place declared in system's path

admin rights would only be required when installing deken or last pd-vanilla

--
Patrice Colet
fr: 0632660357