[PD] Granular Synthesis External

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 12:26:52 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Derek - nice tune.

I've made use of Cyrille's [granulator] on the Edges Ensemble recording of
'Fields Have Ears (4)' by Michael Pisaro
http://www.anothertimbre.com/page83.html
Great piece and a lovely recording. A lot of people playing very very very
quietly!
Unfortunately I can't locate an online listen (what the ?!#!) apart from
this possible extract
http://www.ftarri.com/cdshop/goods/anothertimbre/at-37.html
It'll be track3. My work filtering wont let this play though.
I took 2 field/forest recordings I'd made and with a slow [metro] and very
large grain size I got a result I'd describe as electro-chirps, worked
great in the ensemble setting.

For me, techniques don't sound good, we make them sound good - ymmv:)

Oscar - great addition, thank you.

Julian