[PD] w32 Deken package issues.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 9 13:31:36 CEST 2016

hi,On 07/03/2016 08:48 AM, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:> Type “missing” in deken`s search bar.> Then put all dlls in the pd/bin directory.while i appreciate the initiative to provide missing system libraries, ithink this is the wrong way to do it.#1 a deken package should be self-contained.if a given deken package lacks a library (e.g. libpthreadGCC3.dll) thenit should provide that library itself.(alternatively, deken could be (theoretically; practically i see anumber of hurdles) enhanced to explicitely state such dependencies (soinstalling "foo" would also install "pthreadGCC3")#2 a deken package must be installable by deken. the requierement to"then put all the dlls into pd/bin" contradicts this.until deken can be told to install into pd/bin, i think that thoughshall not abuse the deken package system for such things.i'd therefore rather have the 'missingDLLs' package removed frompuredata.info.we *should* come up with a proper solution for the problem though.fmasdrIOhannes
Hi IOhannes,
I've been thinking on the issue and did some tests that gave good results.
First good result is that the missing .dlls placed on the same folder as the external seems to work, I did a couple of tests and both worked.
Second, I made a patch that creates objects from every .dll in a given dir, the target dir is obviously the deken PKG extracted folder, this speeds up checking PKGs.
And third, I found http://www.dependencywalker.com/ wich provide some useful info about which dll is missing. For example for zexy, “libgnurx-0.dll” is called by matchbox.dll.
The patch that I made also gives false errors because some objects need creation args.
I attach a zip with the patch along with 2 needed externals.
Let me know what you think.
I'm thinking on preparing a win10 system to check packages and provide some reports.

Salutti,Lucarda.