[PD] MIDI and opensoundcontrol: type m for OSC ?

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Mon Jul 11 15:32:19 CEST 2016

Hello,

1) Had anyone experience with or used the tag type "m" for transmitting MIDI
over OSC ?

from http://opensoundcontrol.org/spec-1_0 :

" m 4 byte MIDI message. Bytes from MSB to LSB are: port id, status byte,
data1, data2"

2) Is there a defined protocol for MIDI over OSC ?

3) How to implement this in Pd ?
 since there are no 'm' typetags defined for [oscformat] and [packOSC]

I ask, because someone want to send MIDI over OSC to my Robot-Pianoplayer
driven by Pd and I do not know if this is used by other software this way, if
it is "worth" to implement.

mfg
 winfried

--