[PD] w32 Deken package issues.

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:53:47 CEST 2016

I see that in the svn repository, externals/Makefile calls for pthreadGC2 when building with MinGW, while Miller's pd-0.47-1 makefile.mingw calls for pthread. And the last pd-extended for Windows has only pthreadVC.dll in its bin directory.
Surely extended installer placed pthreadGC2 in the system32 folder or its equivalent sysWOW64
pd-046-7 for Windows has pthreadVC.dll as well as pthreadVC.lib and libwinpthread-1,dll.

So it seems that pthreadGC2.dll is not needed, but I'm not sure why in pd-extended, -lpthreadGC2 ends up linking against pthreadVC.dll. Am I missing something?
Surely its not linking with pthreadVC because win8.1 say GC2 is missing and the object can`t be created. Win10 machines don't give that info.
When downloading a deken package on a system that don`t have extended installed (which in turn does NOT have certain Dlls on system32) lots of Objects can't be created.
Apparently this can be solved including the needed third party Dlls in the same dir as the Objects.

I see that in the svn repository, externals/Makefile calls for pthreadGC2 when building with MinGW, while Miller's pd-0.47-1 makefile.mingw calls for pthread. And the last pd-extended for Windows has only pthreadVC.dll in its bin directory.
pd-046-7 for Windows has pthreadVC.dll as well as pthreadVC.lib and libwinpthread-1,dll.
So it seems that pthreadGC2.dll is not needed, but I'm not sure why in pd-extended, -lpthreadGC2 ends up linking against pthreadVC.dll. Am I missing something?

Martin